STUDENT TEACHER RATIO
Barnesville -- At A Glance
Mission: We are dedicated to providing a joyful and supportive learning environment for the development of excellence in each of us. JOY. SUPPORT. EXCELLENCE.
Approach: CROSS-CURRICULAR teaching encourages students to EXPLORE how subjects relate to one another, helping them to make CONNECTIONS that spark INQUIRY and deepen understanding.
Affiliation: Independent, non-sectarian day school
Accreditation: Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS) -- earned 10-year re-accreditation in 2015
Memberships: National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Independent Education (IE), Gaithersburg/Germantown Chamber of Commerce (GGCC), Clarksburg Chamber of Commerce (CCC) and Poolesville Area Chamber of Commerce (PACC)
Teaching Faculty: 20 teachers (more than half with master's degrees); average years of teaching experience: 18
Student Body: 129 Students in Preschool-8th Grade
- Preschool - Early Childhood 3's & Pre-K
- Lower School - Kindergarten - 4th Grade
- Middle School - 5th Grade - 8th Grade
Athletic Teams: 9 Competitive Sports Teams (Grades 5-8): Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer, Girls Volleyball, Co-ed Cross Country, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Girls Lacrosse, Boys Lacrosse, Co-ed Track & Field
Geographic Representation: Barnesville has drawn families from the following communities:
- Montgomery County: Barnesville, Boyds, Brookville, Clarksburg, Damascus, Darnestown, Dickerson, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Laytonsville, Montgomery Village, North Potomac, Poolesville, Potomac, Rockville
- Frederick County: Adamstown, Frederick, Ijamsville, Monrovia, Point of Rocks, Urbana, Walkersville
- Carroll County: Mt. Airy
- Loudoun County: Leesburg, Lovettsville
Bus Transportation: Bus service is available from Kentlands, Clarksburg, Urbana, and Frederick
School Year: Each school year typically begins the Wednesday following Labor Day and ends during the second week in June.
Before & After School Care: Early Birds runs from 7 until 7:45 a.m. and Kids Club operates from the end of the school day until 6 p.m.