Areas We Serve
Located in Dickerson, Maryland, Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences is home to students from a wide range of Washington, D.C., suburbs along the I-270 corridor. We are the sole accredited independent school in the Montgomery County Agricultural Reserve and pleased to welcome families from across the region.
As a member of the Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS) and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Barnesville provides an innovative preschool through 8th grade education that integrates the humanities, art, math, and science where skilled teachers engage each child in an academically challenging environment.
Families choose Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences because we offer:
- Small class sizes (7:1 student-to-teacher ratio)
- A joyful learning environment that promotes imagination, exploration, growth, and achievement
- Cross-curricular teaching that deepens understanding
- Convenient location, just 15 minutes from Germantown & Frederick
- Before-and after-school care from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Exciting athletics and fine arts programs
- Bus service (from Kentlands, Clarksburg, Urbana, and Frederick)
Students from the following communities have attended Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences:
Montgomery County: Barnesville, Boyds, Brookville, Clarksburg, Damascus, Darnestown, Dickerson, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Laytonsville, Montgomery Village, North Potomac, Poolesville, Potomac, Rockville
Frederick County: Adamstown, Frederick, Ijamsville, Monrovia, Point of Rocks, Urbana, Walkersville
Carroll County: Mt. Airy
Loudoun County: Leesburg, Lovettsville
We would love to show you around! Scheduling a tour gives you an opportunity to explore our facilities, meet our faculty, and see firsthand why families from so many neighborhoods call Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences home.